Published 2021-02-02. Last modified 2021-03-22.
Time to read: about 2 minutes.
I was searching for a customizable e-commerce framework for a business case proof of concept, and after a false start I realized that the Django framework, written in Python, was likely the way to go. I felt I would likely be able to add the ERP functionality I needed to a custom implementation of the
django-oscar e-commerce framework.
Soon after, I discovered that the
django-oscar e-commerce framework, although not without issues, was likely good enough for my needs.
I am documenting my progress on this separate series of posts. This information is written as I learn, but instead of a strictly chronological journal, I continuously reorder and revise the information so it is more easily understood by others. If you are new to Django and / or
django-oscar, you should read these posts from the bottom up.
33 Django and Django-Oscar Posts
These posts are mostly ordered so the oldest are at the bottom and the newest are at the top, but I have reordered some of them so the material is more coherent.
- 2021-06-08 Django / PyTest Setup and Rationale
- 2021-05-26 Documenting Custom Django & Django-Oscar Apps
- 2021-05-18 Secrets of Setting Up Django EMail
- 2021-04-13 Investigating a Django-Oscar Production Setup
- 2021-04-04 Django Models, Automatic Form Generation, Data Backup & Restore
- 2021-02-12 Django Model Notes
- 2021-03-30 WSIWYG HTML Editors for Django-Oscar
- 2021-03-27 Django Unit Tests
- 2021-03-19 Django-Oscar Templates and Ajax
- 2021-03-19 Django-Oscar Startup & User Registration
- 2021-03-19 Experimenting With Django User Authentication
- 2021-03-18 VSCode Debugging and the Django-Oscar Sandbox
- 2021-03-14 Django Asset Settings
- 2021-03-13 Enabling and Disabling the Django AWS Datastore
- 2021-03-12 Preparing AWS S3 / CloudFront To Be a Django Webapp Datastore
- 2021-03-07 Django-Oscar Project and App Templates
- 2021-03-06 List of Django-Oscar Page Template Blocks
- 2021-02-12 Django-Oscar URL Patterns
- 2021-02-24 Django Apps, AppConfig, OscarConfig and Sub-Apps
- 2021-02-14 Suggestions for Django-Oscar and Django-Haystack
- 2021-02-12 Django Migrations
- 2021-02-13 Django-Oscar Entity Relationship Diagrams
- 2021-04-05 General Django-Oscar Notes
- 2021-02-12 Django Admin / manage.py dumpdata Subcommand
- 2021-02-12 Django-admin and manage.py
- 2021-02-12 Django Debug Toolbar
- 2021-02-12 General Django Notes
- 2021-04-05 Python Dependency Management With Pip-Tools
- 2021-03-27 Django and Django-Oscar Information Sources
- 2021-02-11 Evaluating Django-Oscar, a F/OSS Shopping Cart
- 2021-02-11 Installing Apache Solr on Ubuntu 20.04
- 2021-02-03 Shopping Carts Powered by Python and Django
- 2021-02-02 About These Django / Oscar Posts