Time to read: about 3 minutes.
- Set up Facebook for streaming
- OBS Studio initiates streaming
- Musician performs
- Helper monitors stream and moderates comments on Facebook Messenger
Streaming From a Facebook Page
Setting Up Facebook For Streaming
Go to Facebook Live Producer and check out the various areas on screen. We'll change a few settings.
- Enable Use a persistent stream key
- Copy the Facebook stream key to the clipboard.
- Enable Publish as a test broadcast if desired.
Setting Up OBS Studio For Streaming
- Paste the Facebook persistent stream key into OBS Studio by going to Settings / Stream / Facebook Live / Stream Key..
- Press OK.
Chats from the audience will appear in Facebook Messenger.
The Facebook streaming key is specific to the computer that is streaming. If you use more than one computer to stream from a given Facebook account, you will need to get a fresh stream key each time you stream from a different computer.
To start streaming:
- Click on the Facebook Live Video button
- Wait for a couple of seconds while the Facebook Live Producer page loads any settings that you may have previously set.
- Fill in the title of the stream, and write a short description.
- Click on the Start Streaming button in OBS Studio.
- Facebook will show the stream image at the bottom right of the Facebook Live Producer web page.Attention: you are not yet streaming!
- Click on the blue Go live button at the bottom left of the Facebook Live Producer web page.You are now live.
- Check Facebook Messenger for audience feedback.
- View the stream, again, for me, this is at