Published 2020-03-01. Last modified 2022-08-13.
Time to read: 1 minutes.
Other Sony ILM Issues
The motivation for all this: How to video myself?
Sony Remote Commander
- How to program - and + buttons for zooming? When I try them, I get:
"This operation or setting not available as follows: File format: RAW & JPEG"
- If I plug in the USB cable, so I can retrieve the data, the remote stops working.
- When I plugged in the HDMI cable, the camera view screen went black. I changed a few settings and this no longer happens.
- When USB is connected, the HDMI output stops and I see “USB Mode Mass Storage” instead. I do not want this to happen.
This is a terrific device, definitely a good investment.
- Supports 1080p60 and 4Kp30.
- Captured video from my Sony a7iii camera does not include audio because the Sony camera only provides video, without audio.
- The video image is sometimes scrolled down.
Samsung Mirrorless Camera Settings
This camera cannot output clean HDMI, so it is only good for recording to the internal card, not for streaming. Typically I have it set for my studio use to:
- Height: eye level
- Quality: 1080p
- 30 FPS
- Shutter 160
- ISO 800